Plans and Goals for 2014Posted by Catherine Elms on December 31, 2013 Blog posts | Latest posts | | 4 comments
While 2013 was an awesome year (read my review of the year here), I want to make sure that 2014 is my best year ever!
Some friends and I have made a little accountability group called The Encouraging Envelope, where we meet online for regular chats and video calls to keep progress of each other’s goals. We’re managing them by setting big scary goals and smaller monthly goals, and then checking in weekly. It’s going really well so far; I think it’s very useful to do these sometimes overwhelming things in a supportive friendly environment.
So this year, instead of setting New Year’s Resolutions, I’m setting some big scary goals and some smaller personal goals, breaking each of these down into manageable weekly/monthly tasks:
BIG SCARY GOALS:
– Develop my music career and create regular products/recordings/videos/etc
– Complete all of the online music courses I’m enrolled on
– Learn more about DIY music recording
– Finish 2 EPs, an album, 2 zines, and some music videos
– Complete Couch to 5k
– Establish good habits and drop habits that don’t serve me
– Find a new desk job
– Make my house a welcoming, creative and comfortable place to live
SMALLER PERSONAL GOALS:
– Get at least 3 of the many tattoos I have planned out!
– Read 2 new books a month
– Read 1 ebook a month
– Do more yoga
– Sell a load of my old stuff
– Gig at least once a month
Wish me luck, and happy new year! 🙂