What I’ve been up to this week:Posted by blatantblithe on June 19, 2011 Blog posts | Personal | | One comment
1. Looking for a job. Applied for one job that looked rather nice. Still trying to work out what I want to do long-term.
2. Playing lots of bass. One of these days I might make a YouTube video of myself playing something interesting. For the meantime, here’s a photo of said bass. I bought a new strap for it last week, and am currently in the process of trying to fix my bass amp.
4. Joining the Anthony Nolan bone marrow register after watching Charlie Brooker’s little video about it. I must admit that I thought bone marrow donations were painful and complicated, but apparently not so. If you’re interested in joining the register (which you can leave at any time if you get cold feet), visit www.anthonynolan.org.uk.
5. Wrote some letters to some lovely ladies on my typewriter. <3
6. Had loads of problems getting my zine printed. How I miss the Nottingham Uni print shop. *sigh*
7. Working on some new songs!
8. Saw my partner’s band perform for the first time in 3 years! They were cracking.
10. 046. Print off all my online journals and file them – completed! Some of the old stuff I published on my LJ was so fucking embarrassing. I spent an afternoon this week going through my LJ archived entries and deleted them all. I only use my LJ for browsing communities now, especially Zine Scene UK and Feminist Rage, so I had no use for those entries being available for people to read.
11. 049. Organise diaries/notebooks and put them away in a box – completed!
12. Went for a few meals and drinks with various people throughout the week.
13. Worked on a blog entry about why my album is taking so long, which will be published next week sometime.